SHS Uniform Purchasing
School uniforms can be purchased through Lands' End or Donnelly's Clothing.
Orders can be delivered to the school to avoid shipping charges.
Visit pages 23-27 of the Parent/Student Handbook for a complete listing of uniform requirements.
SHS Uniform Closet
The Uniform Closet is open M-F during school hours or during Front Office summer hours (M-TH 9am-1pm).
Thanks to the efforts of several dedicated parent volunteers, SHS offers all parents the opportunity to shop for free uniform components for their children. Based on the reality that children outgrow their clothes very rapidly – sometimes within a trimester! – SHS invites parents to donate clean, laundered uniforms to the Uniform Closet by dropping them off at any time during the year to the SHS Front Office.
Parents are not obliged to donate uniforms. Parents new to SHS as well as parents who haven’t donated uniforms may select any components they want or need. SHS asks only that you return those components that you don’t use.
Dress Down Guidelines:
(For planned Dress Down Days or when using a N.U.T. Tag)
● No stretchy-skin-tight or see-through clothing
● No tee shirts with violent or obscene graphics; text and imagery should be G-rated
● No spaghetti straps, half-shirts, or tank tops
● No leggings, footless tights, or yoga pants
● No cut-offs or rips/tears in clothing (no jeans with holes)
● No skirts shorter than the student’s fingertips when arms are placed to their side
● No shorts shorter than the student’s fingertips when arms are placed to their side; shorts are allowed only when uniform shorts are allowed
● No pajamas or slippers
● Sandals may be worn, but must have backs
We ask for cooperation from parents/guardians in supporting a dress code that is appropriate for our school. Inappropriate attire will result in requiring the student to select appropriate clothing from our onsite uniform closet or parents/guardians being called. The school reserves the right to judge the appropriateness of clothing.